Re: [Roadsters] quiet

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] quiet
From: "John Klingman" <jklingman@stny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 23:06:06 -0400
Thanks for dropping us a line. It's great support when you are missing your
roadster . If I can't work on my car, I can hear about your's. Missed the
emails.
 Had a real heart stopper today on the way to a car show swap meet. We had
dropped Spike off at a friend's shop to have the new roll bar installed,
located 30 miles east of us, the meet was in a town 25 miles west of us and
while we were there we drove by a custom car shop and spotted a Datsun
roadster parked along side a R/T Charger. Gloria recognized it was our
roadster as we passed. We thought Spike had been stolen, being over 50 miles
from where we thought she was. We stopped and confirmed it was Spike, and then
we checked the name of the business. Gloria found the owner, identified
herself as the car owner and demanded to know what they were doing with her
car. Turns out our friend is a part owner of the shop and needed to use some
equipment and had dropped the car off there. He hadn't thought to mention it
to us.Talked to our friend and after the explosion I don't think he will back
Spike out of the garage without calling her first.
 We just had to share this with people who do understand and share our
attachment to these little cars and our fears.
  John and Gloria Klingman
  Sidney, NY '68 2000 a.k.a. Spike