[Roadsters] alternative rear view mirror #1

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] alternative rear view mirror #1
From: "Fergus OFarrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 16:14:46 -0700
first attempt at getting rear view mirror out of field of vision.  I pursued
the stick-on versions, but I had to stick them on so high on the windshield,
to have clear vision over my shoulder, that they created their own blindspot.
this would be considered "the cheapo", somewhat "tacky looking"  version, but
very functional.
Attempt #2 comes about Monday, as a helpful local roadster owner sold me a
latch mount and snap in mirror arm, which I am getting welded together at the
local Junior College.

this one works well, much better vision both out the windshield and in the
mirror, as it is just slightly convex.  I can see behind me in the lanes on
both sides, my hat  just shows up as a bump in the bottom 1/4 of the mirror.

http://public.fotki.com/FergusO/carpics-2008/

thanks for all the suggestions.

Fergus O