Re: [Roadsters] 5-point harness laws

To: "steb" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 5-point harness laws
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 05:49:55 -0500
Steve,

  In Ohio, and I would assume most states, seat belts have to be DOT
approved.  Most race 5 and 6 point belts aren't, simply because of the cost
of testing.  The belts are most likely safer than DOT specs, but that may be
an argument you don't want to have with your insurance company some day!
  Schroth makes a DOT approved 4 point system,
    http://www.schroth.com , and I think they may be a few others now making
approved systems.  Summit Racing carries Schroth.

Paul
Ohio