Re: [Roadsters] Elk encounter

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Elk encounter
From: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 17:17:03 -0500 (EST)
Before I got into Roadsters, I rode motorcycles. One day, while riding on
a gravel road at about 70mph, a crow flew straight into my helmet, hitting
me in the forehead. I remember seeing this black blob and huge black wings
coming straight at me. I looked over my shoulder and saw it falling into
the ditch. I went back to put it out of its misery if necessary, and saw
it had a broken neck and two broken legs. It's a miracle I didn't crash,
but I had a headache for 3 days. I'm glad I'm in a Roadster now, and one
with a rollbar too.

-Brian
Toronto
'69 2000

--- James Fogg <James@jdfogg.com> wrote:

> > Word gets out quickly when you hit an elk.  I had lots of well meaning
> > people make jokes and comments about elk meat, etc.  I just have a
> hard
> > time finding any humor in the accident.  If the elk had entered the
> cabin
> > a foot to either the left or right, the elk may not have been the only
> > one to die that day.
> >
> > Lesson learned.  Slow down on those twisty mountain roads in elk
> country.
> >  Especially early morning and dusk, when they're more active.
>
> I hit a moose a few years ago and lived (the survival rate for that kind
> of accident is terribly small). The moose didn't make it.
>
> It was on a lonely country highway in New Hampshire. And every driver
> stopped and asked if I was going to keep the meat. 10 years ago NH
> stopped allowing you to take a road kill. Instead, the NH Game Dept.
> slaughters the meat and distributes it to needy families via the welfare
> department.
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

      Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to
Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com