decision time - paint job or restoration project?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: decision time - paint job or restoration project?
From: "Bill Oakes" <boakes@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:43:32 -0600
Hi all,

I'm to a point where I'm ready to get my first Roadster project to
paint and I think I've dug in farther than planned. My question is;
have I a reached a point in which I should think about making this a
restoration project instead of just a paint job?

My original plan was to take off a majority of the parts that get in
the way of a decent paint job, get a middle-of-the-road paint job and
put it back together over the winter.

As you can see by the pictures I'm not far from a frame-off
restoration job, or at least that what I'm thinking:

datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net

Do I go any further since I've dug in this deep? Will I regret not
doing a couple more things that would make this a more complete job?

Make no mistake, this is going to be a driver, not a trailer queen show car.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Bill Oakes
Libertyville, IL