More on Tire Choices: Wheel size help, please?: And now for

To: pjmill@sonic.net
Subject: More on Tire Choices: Wheel size help, please?: And now for
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:55:38 -0500
Paul,
Everyone on the list has their favorite tires, but 14 inch tires with
suitable performance are becomming rare, which makes a choice fairly easy.

Punching in 185X60X14 on the tire rack site, for ultra high performance
summer (one step below max performance) and ultra high performance all
season, and you only get two choices:
Bridgestone Potenza RE 960AS
Yokohama AVS ES 100

Figureing that you probably dont drive in the snow, and probably not even
too much in the rain, and after reviewing the buyer feedback on both of
these, I would pick the Yokos.
$72 each plus shipping.  They have a cool tread pattern also, and the rim
protector will help preserve the vintage libra wheels.

There are any number of touring tires out there in this size, but the Yokos
will  be a good deal more fun in the corners, while still being comfortable
and giving you reasonable wear.

As far as the other posts, regarding SAMs, Sears, etc, they have a point,
one stop shopping is easy.
It is not likely they will be able to match the price for this exact tire
though, if they have this tire, even with shipping.  Shop arround and see.

Tire rack has always had my tires on my porch in one or two days, and the
repair shop down the road that I trust with my special cars is happy to
mount, spin balance, and install a new valve stem for $15, as well as
dispose of the old tire.

Best Regards,
Jim