Re: Track time

To: Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Track time
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:37:29 EDT
Hello all: Just wanted to tell everyone that if you haven't gotten your
Roadster on your local race track, by all means do so! I had mine out on the
Little
Talledega road course yesterday and I, along with everyone else, was stunned.
It became readily apparent that I wasn't going to have much to do with brakes
all day, but this car was one of the most fun vehicles I have ever driven on
the race track. I had several friends do some hot laps in the car and they
were smiling from ear to ear and just astounded by the car.
In comparison, my mildly track prepped 911 is very specific on what line
needs to be used to get around this place, whereas with the Roadster, one could
just about put it anywhere you needed it to go. With some vented rotors and
some
R-coumpounds, it would be a killer.
You could drift and power this car with abandon and it kept coming back for
more! The temp gauge never, never even got close to being hot. The Mikuni's and
smooth gearbox made for a great day. Voted by far the most fun car of the
day. We all just need to find some vented rotors to fit on these cars!

Have fun!
john Brasfield