Re: Battery chargers

To: L Jordan <ay107@lafn.org>
Subject: Re: Battery chargers
From: Ron Hamilton <fj201@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:50:04 -0700
I have and use small solar chargers for keeping the starting battery
full on my motor home as well as the boat when it is outside and the
same for the toad. I bought several of the VW chargers found on fleabay.
It is amazing how much better something starts when the battery is fully
charged. They won't keep up with much of a current drain as the input is
small but will keep a battery fresh. On my old motor home with the big
460, it made a great improvement , not as much in the new one with the
FI v-10 but still nice to know the battery will be ready. A side benefit
is that sometimes when a poor battery is slowly trickle charged it will
come back to life. Keep in mind we live in SUNNY arizona where there is
always free sunlight just waiting to scorch everything to toast :-)

Ron