Re: ball joints revisited

To: Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ball joints revisited
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:04:00 EST
Phil, I have been working on different front brake applications for this
setup. I have lately been setting up a Porsche 911 skinny, non-vented caliper
from
the late 356/early 911 for the roadster. There are different calipers which
can work, some with 40mm pistons and some with smaller pistons. I am currently
going to try the 40 mm on my car, it seems there will be less front bias than
the Volvo setup. I have the Volvo setup on currently, but the stock master
does not seem to have the volume and I don't want to try to fiddle with a z
master with the thread differences. (Isn't the 311 SAE thread v. Z metric?)
Anyway,
time permitting and getting the single adapter block, I may have this
application done by RA. I don't think it will be cheaper than the Volvo setup,
but
might be another alternative without using the bigger master cylinder and a
bias
valve. Hope all is well
john