Re: How about fuel injection for your roadster?

To: <gregs672liter@netzero.com>
Subject: Re: How about fuel injection for your roadster?
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:28:58 -0600
You could use the carbs as throttle bodies but there are better performing
alternatives.  I suggest using an OEM throttle body from a junkyard.  It
will already be set up with a throttle position sensor.  You would have to
make a plenum to mount the throttle body and it would bolt to the SU or
Solex manifold.  I have considered that a piece of  4" square tubing could
be used for the plenum.  The Jenvey throttle bodies would be simpler because
they are a direct replacement for an SU carb.  They also can be manufactured
with one or two fuel injector ports eliminating the  need for a bung in the
manifold.  I guess it all depends on how much time and money you want to
spend.  The great thing about having a megasquirt is that you can go the the
dyno and only need a laptop to tune the car.  If it is a little lean at 2000
rpms all you have to do is adjust the fuel map.  There is no fiddling with
needles and jets and no getting hour hands dirty.  For the price there is
nothing that can beat it.

Later,

Andy