Dip Stick Question

To: "Roadster \(E-mail\)" <datsun-roadsters-digest@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dip Stick Question
From: "MURPHY, BARNEY D" <BMURPHY@scana.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:41:00 -0400
Greetings Roadster community!

Just a simple question: According to the manual, the oil capacity on a 2000 is
4.1 Qts. After a filter change and adding 4.1 Qts of oil, running and shutting
off, where should the level be on the dipstick? There are 2 marks L-H. Mine
falls right in the middle. Is that correct or should it be closer to the H
mark (like most vehicles)? Yes, the car is on level ground and I have waited
for all oil to drain back to the pan before checking.

It has been this way since I've had it. Just curious if what I am seeing is ok
or maybe there is some error with the dipstick (it is seating properly).

Thanks for the input,
Barney
Columbia, SC
1969 2000