Steering and Idler Boxes

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Steering and Idler Boxes
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:48:43 -0400
I pulled the steering box and column out of a 70 parts car that I am putting in
a 66/67. I was unable to get the tie rod off the Idler arm using a fork and 5
lb hammer (amazing).

The question is - can I use the 66/67 early Idler box with the 70 steering box?

To further the question, are the suspension parts the same 66 through 70 except
the steering and idler boxes of course.

Oh, I almost forgot to ask if there are rebuild kits for the steering and idler
boxes. Since I am already there I might as well freshen them up.

Thanks!