Re: Ignition Wires (Re-post)

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ignition Wires (Re-post)
From: hallosb@juno.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 06:54:23 -0700
Sorry, it took so long to send this reply.  Working way too much OT these
days.

Gary:  Thanks for the wiring diagram

Graeme:  Thanks for the response.

The black ground wires are still puzzling.  I don't have a short section
of wire to go from the (-) side of the coil to the distributor.  I'm
wondering if my two black wires are meant to serve this purpose.  The
length of the wires put them in the right position and they show
continuity, when I do a continuity check.

I crawled under the dash to see where the wires went on the other side of
the firewall.  I found my  positive ammeter wire is fried.  I haven't
checked the gauge, yet.  I remember everyone talking about fusible links.
 I definitely need one.  What amperage does everyone use?  Is 30A enough
or should it be a little higher?

Thanks Again,
Dan McHatton
'66 1600

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 17:52:20 +0930 "Graeme Suckling"
<graemes@saonline.com.au> writes:

> Exiting the firewall on the passenger side are 3 groups of wires:
>
> Group 1 (Easy)
> 2 Green with yellow stripes: Connect to brake switch
> ***
> CORRECT!!!
> ***
> Group 2 (Not so sure)
> Black with white stripe: to input of ballast resistor Short section of
black with white stripe: from output of ballast resistor to (+) side of
> coil. (Correct?) Black wire: to (-) side of coil.  (Correct?)
> ***
> CORRECT!!!
> (The last black wire you mention goes between the Distributor and the
coil negative.)
> ***
> Group 3 (No clue)
> Yellow with black stripe: to oil pressure sensor switch Black Wire:
> ?????????
> ***
> CORRECT!!!
> (Although my wiring diagram shows the wire Yellow/Black from the
instrument panel right through to the Oil Pressure Sender.)
> ***
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Dan McHatton
> '66 1600
>

> 3 out of 3!!!!
> Now, do you want to try for the brand new car or the holiday shack in
Florida???  ;)