Pair of NICE Low windshields for sale - Chandler AZ

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pair of NICE Low windshields for sale - Chandler AZ
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:24:04 EDT
Hi All.... besides harrassing that poor person on eBay today about Audrey
Hepburn's roadster, Mark and I went to look at a pair of roadsters here in town
that are going up for sale. This is a pair of "his N hers" white '66 & 67 cars.
They are part of an estate sale - the current owner just can't keep them.

spl311-05765 & spl311-08774

We took a bunch of pictures... find at:

http://www.azroc.org/photos/index.php?cat=10009

The cars were last driven in '92 - I know it's cliche, but they "ran when
parked". They are both in equal condition, so the following description applies
to both :

Body: overall - straight w/ a few little "oopsies" - no sign of any major
damage. no visable signs of rust (az car all/most of their life? - at least the
last 20 or so, confirmed). Small spots/dings that have been gone over w/some
bondo.  hoods on both are a bit wavy - paint is an old amateur re-spray -
should
polish up. (white over white). Interior has been custom re-done one has
highback seats of unknown pedigree, other stock lowback. both have tan vinyl w/
some funky brown plaid. tan carpet too. Both top frames and latches are there &
great shape. (top bow great!) old vinyl tops are showing age. Chrome - side
chrome all there - one or two teensy dings. nice bumpers/eyebrows/ etc. Grilles
ok.. one needs a little TLC straightening and the bumperchrome paint removed.

Glass: in good shape (Mark thinks he saw a small ding on one windshield, but
I didnt' notice it). No wiper scratches either.

Engine - eng. compartment "unadulterated" - a few signs of "keep it running"
but no butchery. Would have tried to start them, but water was drained, and
pretty crusty in filler.. prolly will need rad rodded out.  didnt' want to
overheat anything. Looks well maintained - someone cared about these cars.
carbs
had oil.. couldnt wiggle the throttle shafts.

hydraulics: masters dry, but looked orig style. nobody played w/ the hard
lines.

If anyone out there is looking for a low windshield car - these are the
perfect quickie tinker and drive or beautiful full-out resto base. We really
couldn't come up w/ anything bad to report on these cars. (less than perfect? -
yes;
bad?- no.)  A month ago we looked a car up in Sedona that was on eBay - it
went for $4K ish... these are both waaay better then that car was (whoever
bought that car  is gonna have some major issues w. the door pillar !)

The current owner has a good grasp of what he's got..he's really hoping that
the cars will go to someone who cares, and not just part them out.  He had
them in the local paper for $5500/ea, but got looky-loos only. It's probaly the
high-end of "not out of line", but there's always room for jello - (oops,
strike that) ... negotiation.  Buy them both - what a great opportunity to have
that fantasy three-some with a pair of twins !!!!

If anyone is interested (before they end up on eBay) please contact :

Dennis   going2cabo@cox.net
or call him @ 602 370-6770

you can also email me and I can go into further details for ya.

Laurie :-)
'70-SPL311
AzROC
Chandler, AZ