RE: Torque Specs for Exhaust/intake Manifold - 68 2000

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Torque Specs for Exhaust/intake Manifold - 68 2000
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:47:28 -0700
They should be 8x1.25mm thread. Early 1600s used 5/16".

If the nuts are original Nissan nuts, they'll be a 12mm wrench size. If they
were gotten from a hardware store or a nut 'n bolt place, they'll be a 13mm
wrench.

I haven't ever tried to torque them, due to the practical impossibility of
getting a torque wrench in there, but I suspect I put about 15 lb/ft on
them. That's the same size thread as is used in a few other places on the
U20 engine, and they specify 13 lb/ft for those. See
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Boltspecs.asp.

Incidentally, 15 lb/ft is the same torque I use on the spark plugs. And
those I do torque.