RE: Newbie to list with questions

To: ppeters914@comcast.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Newbie to list with questions
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex675@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:53:51 -0700
Hi Pete,

As a 67.5 2000 owner I can tell you they are not easy to come by. They crop
up now and again but for the most part are not easy to find or afford.

As far as which car you might want to look at- That has been discussed many
times on this forum. Some like the low windshield, some like the high
windshield. Some gor the 1600s, some for the 2000s. It is all a matter of
taste.

As to where to start, check out www.311s.org. It is the most complete site
dealing with Datsun Roadsters on the internet. There is a buyer's FAQ as
well as plenty of information about the cars. Lots of collaboration with
other owners as well and of course people sell their cars there too.

A few notes:

67.5 2000s are hard to find and not cheap when you do find them.

1600s are more plentiful because they made more of them.

They made a lot more high windshield cars than low windshield cars and they
are arguably more comfortable than low windshield cars.

1600 = 96 hp, 2000 = 135/150 hp.

Prices generally revolve around condition. A nice low windshield 1600 I have
seen go from 3500-8000. More if it is a frame off restoration.

2000s go for more because of the larger engine and 5 speed tranny.

As with any car purchase, take your time, take some test drives and wait for
the right car. It will come along before you know it.

Good luck!

Andrew Murphy
1967.5 2000 SRL311-00489