Re: [OT] Shipping Tire & Wheel

To: George Wagner <wagnergm@optonline.net>,
Subject: Re: [OT] Shipping Tire & Wheel
From: John Atchison <jda@srv.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:28:59 -0700
George:

Living in Idaho, we ship or receive wheels and tires often.

We get race tires from Tire Rack, which come UPS Ground,
two tires simply banded together, no box, no wrapping.

When shipping or receiving wheels, I've found it best
to put wheels in a sturdy box.
Cheaper to ship if you pack two wheels per box.
Four wheels per box is cheaper yet, but difficult to handle.

For tires mounted on wheels,
it's probably best to put it in a box to protect the wheel during shipping.

John Atchison
Idaho Falls
69 2000
67.5 SR20DET