2 cylinder 2000 solex problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 2 cylinder 2000 solex problem
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 02:12:08 EDT
Just got the engine back in my black one, 2L solex, and was able to get it
started, but it is running only on 2 cylinders.  The #2 and #3.

Here is what I tried so far, replaced the plugs, rotor cap, plug wires,
switched the wires, and it still runs the same with the #1 and #4 plugs
disconnected or connected.  If I pull the #2 or #3 it stalls right away.

I think it is the solex carbs, but they were opened up and adjusted by the
guy who did the engine, and I think he knows what he is doing.

Any bright ideas, or I walk to Solvang from LA this year.

Gary C
red 1600
red 1600
black solex that is never ending aggravation