Re: starved for fuel

To: "Matt Jacquet" <matt@vander-bend.com>,
Subject: Re: starved for fuel
From: "mike" <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:50:18 -0500
Your car probably has a mild case of "sit-i-tus". The needle and seats are
probably
gummed shut. Any time I've taken possession of a "stored" car or even a
daily driven one,
 I always like to go thru the tune-up fundamentals myself.

That way, I can get an idea of what to expect as far as reliable
drivability.
If your fuel pump is just not suckin it up, I've always found that the
engine
does a great job of "priming" the fuel pump! But you have to get
the engine running to pump gas, right?

Pull the hose connection from the fuel pump, inject gas into the carb fuel
bowls
using a container with one of those cone caps like on gear oil bottles,
reconnect the fuel line, and fire it up! I've done this countless times on
the 30 Volvos I've owned and on the roadster whenever the need arises.
Good Luck
Mike H.  67-1600