Re: clear anodized

To: snyler <mtyler@hctc.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: clear anodized
From: Steve Ehlers <stevenehlers@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 22:24:30 -0600
Marc,
Your right that anodizing is one of the best surface preparations for lasting
,corrosion ,and
oxidation free aluminum .However , I do not keep polishing my aluminum after
it's
polished.
I usually clear coat with urethane .In the case of my 2 liter , it was done
because that was
the alternative to the nasty surface the shop left it in .And if I remember,
they
apologized
and didn't charge me for the resulting Highly polished cover .My other choices
for surface
finish of my other Datsun vehicles over the years is to Black wrinkle finish
paint ,
and make the DATSUN letters come back to bare aluminum ,for contrast .
Nissan started doing it on the first '81 280 Zx turbo cars .
I was doing it back in 1974 :-) .
 Steve Ehlers
2- 68 1600
2- 69  2-Liters ( with solex )