brakes - and Gary Boone

To: "Datsun Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: brakes - and Gary Boone
From: "Mike" <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:29:43 -0800
hi all,

    I have been pulling my brakes on the front off so I can replace the
cylinder bodies. they are pitted and leaking. I had a real hard time getting
the driver side front hose off where it connects to the metal line. it took a
large crescent and open end wrench pushing against each other to get it to
budge. I tried to threads the new hose on and it wont go. I think is cross
threaded even though I cant really tell. anyhow I need to replace the metal
line. it runs from the front around the back of the engine compartment and
connects to what appears to be a valve (proportioning valve maybe?) are these
hard to make or should I just buy another one? tips, tricks, etc,
appreciated.
     I also want to give Kudos' to Gary for letting me know about a problem
with my distributor. he contacted me, informed me of the problem, and
requested I send it back for adjustment at no charge (even covered the
shipping). to be honest it seemed fine to me! thx again Gary!

thx again for all the great help and info!