RE: Any help for my coil, ballast resistor questions?

To: "'Allen Blackmon'" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Any help for my coil, ballast resistor questions?
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:00:13 +0930
Allen, that "cylinder " shaped thing is a points protection capacitor,
it absorbs electrical energy as the points open to minimise points
arcing and to give the coil an extra "kick" when firing the coil
primary is required.
It connects to the screw terminal on the distributor that the points
are wired out to.
I can't help much with the remainder of the wires, my '65 doesn't have
a ballast resistor.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner
1972 P510 2 door - in storage
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building