Any help for my coil, ballast resistor questions?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Any help for my coil, ballast resistor questions?
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:41:00 +0000
To List,

I have been corrected that it's a ballast resistor.  However, I still have
not recieved any advice on what to hook up where.  I have a coil, ballast
resistor, and a small "cylinder" shaped device that has a blue wire coming
out of it that is mounted above my coil.  Can someone help me about which
wires go where?

My coil has three connectors (one on one slip on connector on the coil, two
on another post of the coil) and my resistor has two connections.  I have
five wires:  blue out of cylinder shaped thing, balck, white, white w/black,
black w/white.

Also coming out of the firewall at the same location is a two wire harness.
One goes to the temp sender.  Does the other go to the distributor, as that
looks like the only place left to hook something up?

TIA!!!!!!

Allen 1970 2000