Tricks for removing U20 crank pulley bolt???

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Tricks for removing U20 crank pulley bolt???
From: "Boutros Boutros-Ghali" <butrosbutrosgali@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 21:36:35 +0000
Anyone have any tips or tricks for removing the crank pulley bolt on a U20?
The engine is still in the car.  I would rather not remove the starter if I
don't have to (to block the flywheel).  I don't have a chain wrench but
could buy one for $30.  Let me know if anyone has any tricks for keeping the
crank from turning.  With the car in 4th gear and the handbrake on it
doesn't turn, but I feel like I'm possibly going to damage some timing
components if I heave ho on my 6' breaker bar...

The oil pan is off, maybe a block of wood between the crank and the inside
of the block???

Thanks,

Ken Pearce
68-2000