Convertible top

To: "'datsun list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Convertible top
From: "linob" <lino.baggio@idxcorporation.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:16:24 -0400
Hi List,
Need some advice - my recent roadster purchase netted a brand new
convertible top, mounted to a 'like new' frame, ready to be installed on
the car with the exception of lower hardware for the lift the dot
fasteners and eyelets have yet to be attached to the material. The car
body has all the receiving hardware where it should be. I was also
fortunate to get an older, used top mounted on a frame to use as a
guide. We're finally into summer here in sunny southern Ontario and it's
warm enough to have the top material loosen up in the sun so that it can
be properly stretched to fit the car. I'm a little intimidated with
cutting into a brand new top or having it fit loosely when I'm done -
any pointers from those that have done it before would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...