all the little things

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: all the little things
From: "ian miller" <datsun661600@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:56:48 -0400
Well its been 2 years since my car was on the road.  My new goal is to be
driving it by July 15.  If all goes well I would like to have a MADROC
picnic at my hose in York PA.  I have some great roads to drive, a swimming
pool and a brand new Tiki bar.  But in order to accomplish that goal I'm
going to need some help.  This is a list of all the little projects that my
car needs and questions I still have.  Any advice is apprieciated.

Valve clearance....Clearance was set when it left the machine shop....it has
now run at a fast idle for 20 min or so....is now the time to recheck, and
what is the proceedure.

Coolant....is there a way to be sure I don't have an air bubble, and my
coolant is circulating?  I'm just a worry wort.

Temperature Guage....it woked before...now it doesn't...I have a manual
switch on an after market electric fan, so I need to know the temperature.

Timing....My shiney new block doesn't have the little timing pointer on the
timing chain cover...can I still set my timing with a timing light?

Brakes....New front Piston packs are being installed on saturday morning.

Carbs....still need synched...but I just got a unisyn..no more garden hose
tuning

Choke cables...does anyone have to choke cables in working order...mine are
all balled up.

Vaccume advance....I need to install a little flex tube between teh hard
line I made and the nipple on the carb.

Bleed Brakes and clutch.

Door mounted mirrors...anyone got some to sell or trade?

Tires....my old ones are dry rotted from sitting in the garage...I'm running
stock rims, what is the largest tire I can fit without problems?

New exhaust....this is the first of the big ones....I need a new exhaust
from the manifold back...what is the largest I can fit back through?  Any
suggestions on a muffler....I want it to have a good loud note....will any
exhaust shop like minieke due or should I go to a custom shop....My manifold
has a flange on the end but I don't see how you attach to it....am I missing
some hardware?  What is a ball park price to use for my budget.

Finally PA State Inspection.....no emmisions regulations but this could be
fun..

If there is anythingI missed please let me know.

Thanks in advance...wish me luck...if anyone in the area wants to come and
help I'll feed you and give you beer.

Ian
66 2L Stroker