Re: Solex Manifold for 1600...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solex Manifold for 1600...
From: "ian miller" <datsun661600@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:44:02 -0400
For $4000 you could pick up a motec M48 or M480.  A car I was working on I
set up a M48 with a custom (read hand built) intake, a throttle body off a
84 ford escort, custom machined fuel rail, and a bunch of sensors.  When it
was all said and done the 600cc yahmaha was making 128 HP, many more than
stock, and breathing through a 20 mm restrictor.  Ohh and it hit choke flow
through the restrictor at 10500, or else I would have been spinning it to
14000 RPM.  Then I used the open channels on the motec to set up a launch
control, traction control, automatic upshifts for the drag run, and monitor
vehicle yaw and roll rates vs steering input and track placement for driver
development.  Now there are some possibilities for the roadster.  Just
remember you need to incorperate the crank position, and throttle position
sensor somewhere, and build your maps...not an easy task especially without
a dyno.

Ian Miller