Re: Oil Filter Tube

To: "Ed Wilsey" <Kensington_FC@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Tube
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:38:41 -0700
Ed, Can't help with the stock length. When I made mine, I decided I wanted
to use the Ford 5.0 filter (Wix 51515). I made the tube long enough for this
filter, witch is squatter than the stock unit.

My suggestion? Buy your favorite filter first. Then cut your tube to fit.

>I've been sifting through my printed emails and came across the following
MOD.

>>If you cut off about an inch and a half off the anti drain back tube, you
can
use the NISSAN 15208-55Y00 which is readily >available.

>Has anyone done this MOD and does someone have a tube out they can measure
as I don't know how long a stock tube should be?