Re: 1600 SU carburetor question

To: "Nick Turi" <nturi@otw.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1600 SU carburetor question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 16:51:05 -0500
Nick,

Sure someone didn't start changing your settings behind your back :)

I think your choke is hanging up which could cause a high idle, and because
it's rich, can cause the bog.

2000 RPM idle - Make sure the idle screws didn't change and that the
carburetor linkage is set right. I would disconnect the linkage and see if
those items are causing the problems if it isn't the choke.

After getting the idle right try the piston lift method to find out if your
mixture is right or see if the idle speed increases which is also a simple
test for mixture - at least at idle.

FWIW, the oil doesn't lubricate the needle it's used to keep the piston from
rising to quickly - that's all it's used for. Gasoline lubricates the
needle.

Mike