Re: Replacement bolts

To: <Geegc@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Replacement bolts
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 09:11:35 -0500
It depends. If it's a suspension bolt you should buy grade 8 nuts and bolts
if there is a lot of stress on that bolt such as the lower A arm and upper A
arm mounting bolts.

If there is no or little stress on the bolt you can get away with using
"hardware" store bolts. I use stainless for my steering box and Idler arm
mounting bolts.

Use fine thread bolts as they take more torque and use antiseize so you can
disassemble the front end if need be in the future.

FWIW, I had all my bolts replated after I cleaned them off and re-tapped
them.

Mike