Re: Stolen car woe's Help!!!

To: "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu>,
Subject: Re: Stolen car woe's Help!!!
From: Andy Klink <colonel_klink510@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:38:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Eric,

When my 510 was totaled back in '94, State Farm wanted to give me $1500.  I
walked away with $2500 AND the car.  Looking back, I got a great deal as the
car was really not in that great of shape (and the accident revealed severe
cancer).  What I am getting at is after I disagreed with their appraisal, they
offered to pay for an independant appraiser.  They gave me some numbers to
call, and said I could find one myself as well.  I got lucky and found a guy
who grew up when 510s started to become popular.  He asked what I wanted and,
after looking at the car, thought it was reasonable.  State Farm called me 10
minutes later and said they were mailing the check.  It helps to bitch is all I
can say!
Good Luck!
--- "Eric R. Wittinger" <wittiner@ee.pdx.edu> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> i am in need of some help / advice.
>
> The problem the insurance company made me an offer on my car that was
> stolen for a amount I do not feel is enough. I have turned in to them the
> reciepts for the last 4-5 year (as long as I have owned the car) and the
> reciept totaled $5500 + not including things like role bar, and other
> oddities that I couldn't find reciepts for.
>
> So what I am after is how to get more money out of them. The lady I am
> dealing with is not being very pratical in my opinion, and is taking the
> apprasers estmate as final word. So if others out there have advice or
> even appriasels they have gotten and wouldn't mind sending me a copy to
> send to the isnurance company that would be great.
>
> Or if anyone has had a similar experience and what you did that would be
> great.
>
> Insurance company: State Farm, it has been great untill this.
> They offered me $4000
> I wnat $5500 + Or for them to replace my car for me.
>
> One other problem any car I found that seems equivalent is out of state
> but they say that is my problem and won't pay for anything like that?
>
> Help....
>
> Eric

=====
Andy Klink