Re: 2L Chain Tensioner

To: Gordon Glasgow <gsglasgow@home.com>
Subject: Re: 2L Chain Tensioner
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:15:06 -0700
A carefully selected spring of the correct load rating and length would extend
the
tensioner foot enough to keep the chain off of the bracket w/o interfering with
the
tensioner's operation once full pressure has built up. The spring would have to
be strong
enough to extend the tensioner against the chain and keep the chain off of the
bracket
with no assist from oil pressure, but impose less force than the tensioner foot
usually
imposes against the chain with oil pressure behind it; ideally the length of
the spring
would be such that it doesn't extend the tensioner foot /quite/ as far as is
normal under
engine oil pressure.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA