Basic Distributor Question continued.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Basic Distributor Question continued.
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:08:58 -0700
Thanks to all who offered advice about the "missing nut".  I ended up
pulling the distributor, taking GREAT care to not it's orientation, shook
it upside down, and out she came.  Thinking I had dodged the bullet, I
reassembled, gapped, and tried to fire it up.  Same as before, it tries to
fire, but as soon as it catches it seems to "shut down".  Obviously I have
spark or it wouldn't fire for a revolution or so.  There is plenty of gas
in the tank and the fuel filter bowl.  Any suggestions as to what to check
next?  I didn't pull the distributor plate, but am thinking about it.
Would a broken dizzy spring cause this kind of behavior?

69 SRL
NOWROC
Troutdale, OR (Bright sun and 80 degress and I'm stuck in my %^&%# garage
!!!, plus I need to get to work !!)