Insurance Coverage

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Insurance Coverage
From: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:42:28 -0700
Well, It looks like I got insurance coverage for my car, but not what I was
expecting.  It seems like a 67.5 2000 with a Solex setup in restored
condition is worth only 9700.00 dollars??  This is from Hagerty Insurance,
and they initially only wanted to insure it for only 8300.00 dollars.
They said that is all the car is worth.  Is there any info out there as to
the correct value of the Datsun Roadsters?? If not, maybe we need to start a
database of what our cars are selling for and then that way we can insure
them for the appropriate value.  Let me know what you guys think.  I am
going to have my car appraised after the Shasta event and resubmit, I have
over 17000.00 dollars invested in her, as well as many hours like the rest
of you, Anyone out there know a good appraisal firm in central California??
Gerardo Magana
67.5 2000 (the 9700.00 dollar one)