RE: Insurance Coverage

To: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>,
Subject: RE: Insurance Coverage
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:48:34 -0400
$8325 is the current "excellent" value for a 2L in CPI which is pretty much
the industry standard for classic values.  Not many cars make financial
sense to restore.  I had well over $12K in my Bugeye and got $8000 for it
when I sold it.   You may be able to help your cause if you can find out
what the Black car that CDM had/has for sale went for.  Same with the one
that was restored for the Dream Garage deal.  That's really the only way to
get higher values is to document actual sale prices.  Most Roadsters are not
restored to much more than nice driver levels.  The fact that our cars are
not well known hurts them too.  MGB's are "worth" a lot more ($10,800 in
CPI) but that makes no sense as the MG was slower, not nearly as
sophisticated as the 2000, and produced in much greater numbers.  I'd be all
for keeping very clear track of selling prices and appraisals in order to
back up claims.
Brian