Re: Cam chains and things.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cam chains and things.
From: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:55:41 -0700
Brian,

One thing that you should check is that the upper chain tensioner is
holding pressure correctly.  The tensioner has two check valves which
are accuated by very small bearings.  If crud gets into these fittings
the tensioner will not hold pressure correctly.  You should be able to
do the drill check to see if pressure is getting to the tensioner in the
first place (remember to do this in reverse).  But the tensioner should
be very firm.

Dana

--
Dana Nojima, Ph.D.