RE: Cam chains and things.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cam chains and things.
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 21:56:59 -0700
Shimming the tensioner is a common and accepted band-aid for a worn chain or a
milled head. You can see a picture of one at
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/Images/Shimmed_Tensioner.jpg.

Having bolts in the front cover instead of studs will make it easier to remove.
Whether you can do it without ripping up the head gasket is the big question.
I've never had much luck at it myself, but some other people have.

The manual only lists hot valve clearances, which are .008" intake and .012"
exhaust.

Gordon Glasgow
www.gordon-glasgow.org/garage.asp
Renton, WA