Re: This is really <OT> but NOT worth the look.

To: "Randy Walters" <RandyLWalters@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: This is really <OT> but NOT worth the look.
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 10:04:01 -0600
Randy Walters wrote

>>Hi all-
>>Just got this from a friend (who saw a picture of when I used my
>>roadster to haul a Christmas tree) so I thought I would pass it
>>on. Just goes to show that with enough rope, anything is possible :)
>>http://trooper.velocet.ca/~mathboy/images/jetta_ply_1.jpg
>
> That Jetta picture is a fake - the guy who Photo-shopped it and made
>up the long contrived story associated with it took a lot of heat from the
>VW crowd and finally fessed up on the VW forum where it was first
>posted over a month ago.  Look at the shriveled up driver, the fake
>exhaust smoke, and the fact that the roof is not crushed under the
>heavy load.  Unfortunately now that it's on the net it will never ever
>go away......... add it to the Urban Legend garbage out there.
>
>Randy
>So Calif

It's a pretty good fake then, the "Driver" is not a driver, but a
passenger, so no problem there, the light direction on the car,
buildings, and load all look consistent, there's a reflection of the edge
of the load in the back window and 1/4 panel.  Shadows are all
consistent, exhaust is not convincingly fake.  As far as not being
crushed, Jettas, are not as easily crushed as your average
Sentra/Corolla/Accord.  OTOH, I can't imagine that twine holding.  Not
saying it isn't fake, but I'd like to see the source material.

Whaddya think, Fred?

Marc (I do fake for a living) Tyler

Marc Tyler
Designer,