1600 rear vs 2000 swap

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1600 rear vs 2000 swap
From: Geegc@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 19:35:01 EDT
I drove my 1600 last night for the first time in months (after adjusting the
clutch) and was amazed at how much better it pulls in 1st and 2nd than my
2000 solex 5 speed.

Anyone switch the rear ends from a 1600 to a 2000?  How did it work? Can it
be done without pulling the axles?  Can the guts be changed w/o taking out
the case?

I have a 1600 rear differential of indeterminate origin that may be fine
(although the axles from it were shot).  Any ideas as to how to see it if is
still good?

Thanks all.

Gary C
1966 1600