Re: New Temp sender is in!!

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>,
Subject: Re: New Temp sender is in!!
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:55:14 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Patrick J. Horne <horne@cs.utexas.edu>

> Slight correction, Kyle, the cold resistance is "higher" than others, not
lower.  The
> temperature sender has a negative coefficient of resistance (as temperature
goes up, resistance
> goes down).
>
> Peace,
> Pat

Hi Pat-

I think you might have missed this part:
"I don't have any sort of specification, but a cold sender should have
very high resistance, and a hot one should be very low..."

Versus this part:
"Dan - I wouldn't sweat the gauge not moving off of dead when you turn
the key on.  It might be as simple as the previous sender having a lower
cold resistance than the new one."

IOW - his previous sender, the one that moved the temp gauge up offa
dead zero when the ignition was on, probably had a lower cold resistance
than the new one, which doesn't move the gauge off zero when cold.

Or am I really confused?

Thanks for any clarification!

Kyle
My temp gauge always reads zero :-D