Re: AZ Roadsters- show this SAT

To: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>, "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: AZ Roadsters- show this SAT
From: Teddy Seidenfeld <teddy@stat.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 07:44:47 -0400
In Pgh. PA, once home to the 365 day/year steel-mill-smog, you can jump the
emissions line with anything at least 25 years old or with Steelers plates
bolted to it, not counting the driver.

My son's 85 Alfa Veloce, however, holds up the line no matter how the
timing is retarded.  A different kind of (political) retardation allows any
age car to jump the line if it meets the "under 5,000 mi./yr." exemption.
Amazing how many vehicles develop loose speedo-cables at about 4,700 miles
into the year's allocation.  Must be something in the local air!

Teddy
69 2000
Pgh PA
OROC