Re[2]: Working out the quirks

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Brian St. Jacques" <brian@varatouch.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Working out the quirks
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:58:43 -0700
Hi Brian,

Main reason is that I put the rebuilt U20 into a '66, that doesn't have the
return line. I tapped the return nozzle and threaded a bolt into it. There
was some leaking from the gasket where the two halves of the sensor valve
housing mate. I think that valve detects when the fuel gets hot and vents
vapors/fuel to the tank. After putting gasket sealer on it, for extra
measure I clamped a small hose on the return nozzle and clamped a bolt into
the hose. No more leaks. Someday I'll get around to discarding the extra
plumbing, when everything else is fixed. Yeh, like 5 years from now!

Fred