Re: Smog system removal on '69 2000

To: lkmeston@pscnet.com
Subject: Re: Smog system removal on '69 2000
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 23:14:12 EDT
In a message dated 07/07/1999 2:16:17 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
lkmeston@pscnet.com writes:

<< Hello All..
   I have a '69 2000 U-20 SU with an emissions system/smog pump that I want
 to remove. Does anyone have a "must-do" list for doing this, or is it as
 simple as pulling it off, and plugging the holes.  I think I'm hearing that
 there is an associated distributor change that goes along with this.
 Thanks in advance
 Larry Meston
 lkmeston@pscnet.com

Larry,

Don't throw anything away!  If you don't need them some day, someone else
will.  Luckily most states no longer require the emissions parts to be there,
or for there to be a tailpipe test, but there are probably some still out
there that do.

There is a "recurve" kit that changed the timing of the distributor, but you
might also check to see if the bushings are worn in yours and if so, just
replace the whole thing.  About $160 from the suppliers on the list.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque
P.S.  I REALLY envy all you guys and gals that are going to Shasta. As I will
be moving to the opposite end of the country (Maine) in about a month, I
don't know when I will get to go, especially with my car!  Have a great time,
all of you, and post lots of pictures when you get back.