My roadster got a trophy!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: My roadster got a trophy!
From: "James W. Anable, Jr." <anable@halcyon.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 15:20:31 -0700
Last weekend, I had my '70 2000 in the "car corral" at the vintage races
in Seattle.  I entered it because it was for a good cause (Children's
Hospital), and because I wanted to take it on the parade lap around
SIR.  The previous weekend, I almost changed my mind because the car
needed a top and wasn't in the best condition.  Gordon Glasgow convinced
me to enter, anyway (thanks, Gordon).

After several hours of cleaning and waxing (lots of help from my wife,
Judy) and a new top installation, it looked presentable... at least I
wasn't embarrassed to drive it in.  The judging was done by kids, but
even so, my car came in third in the 1960's and 1970's class, in front
of some really nice cars (Porsches, Ferraris...).  First place went to a
Porsche and second was a DeThomaso Mangusta.

It's not a show car by any means, but it is original and I guess that
the kids must have liked it.

Jim Anable
Seattle, WA
SRL 311 13571