Re: Couple of questions

To: Linda and Bill <amman@thevision.net>
Subject: Re: Couple of questions
From: Eric Armstrong <ericarm@cal.alumni.berkeley.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 18:18:14 -0800 (PST)
Hi Bill -

I can't say if my experience with DMV will be the same as for you, but my
car was last registered in '89 -- before I put it on the road again this
year.

The DMV had deleted the entry from their computer system, so it was as if
I was putting a new car on their system.  I got charged registration fees,
and fees for new license plates.  Then, I also got charged for my vanity
plates.

All told, it was less than $150, as I recall.  So not too bad.

And you'll never have to smog it. :}

hope this helps,

-Eric

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Linda and Bill wrote:

> Hi to an excellent group!
>
> I have been lurking for awhile and have found this list to be a wealth
> of info.
> I am looking at buying a 69 1600. It has been sitting for a few years
> but seems complete and in pretty good shape.
> My concerns are -
> Can a person 6 foot 3, drive this roadster with the top up?
>
> Last registration appears to be 1989. Will Calif. DMV require
> a truck load of cash to re register it?
>
> Anyone on this list from the Modesto group?
>
> TIA     Have Fun       Bill      Oakdale Ca

Eric Armstrong
phone: (510) 502-5984
e-mail: ericarm@alum.calberkeley.org
http://alum.calberkeley.org/~ericarm