7 list

To: lotus-cars@lists.best.com
Subject: 7 list
From: Keith Gustafson <gusmach@shore.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 15:37:49 -0500
I have to agree that the seven list is a disappointment to me as a  Lotus
Seven owner, it has a lot of traffic about various seven clones, but very
little relevant to original sevens.It must be worse for S4 seveners, since
they are really so different from all the others. I was thinking of
suggesting that the Lotus Seven people might hang out on the chapman era
list [err, maybe I just did], since there isn't a lot of traffic on it these
days.

Speaking of which, while i wait for the accountant to tell me if I am broke
or not, I am working on finding a few things for the Seven. Mine is a 64
cosworth series 2, and should have had 'wingard' tail lights, I guess. I
don't have the proper ones and am told the mga ones are close. How close?
Good enough?

I am going to reskin it and generally go through it this year, hopefully in
time to get some use out of it. Caterham will sell an amazing amount of the
original stuff for not too crazy prices. I am wondering whether to fix the
original nose and fenders, or if it would be wiser to just buy new ones.
Does anyone know if the old style replacement stuff Cat sells is visually
the same as the original?

Anyway.......

Keith