Re: Lotus / DeTomaso similarities

To: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Subject: Re: Lotus / DeTomaso similarities
From: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 05:55:40 -0600

Erik V. Berg wrote:

> Now, can anyone tell us some history about the 4 cam Ford small block
> used in the '65 Indy car? (Lotus 38, right?)   <drool>

 Don't know about history, but I have a copy of "1965 Ford DOHC Competition
Engine" manual for specific adjustment, maintenance, and repair procedures, as
published by Ford and Ak Miller Enterprises. It reads "The same basic cylinder
block design as used in production engines has evolved into this all-aluminum
block with centrifugally-cast iron cylinder liners."

--
Dick
Age & Treachery Racing, Ltd.