FIAT 5 speed (what next!)

To: francis sanchez <francis_sanchez@bc.sympatico.ca>
Subject: FIAT 5 speed (what next!)
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 02:12:25 -0700
Howdy, all
Francis wrote:
>Just a crazy thought for a 5 spd....how bout one from a Fiat 2000? Comes
>from a small car to begin with and I think the desighn and shifter are
>very similar to the lotus ford. Any thoughts?

Hmmm... let's see, if I'm not too proud to consider a Japanese gearbox,
would I consider a (F)ix (I)t (A)gain (T)ony gearbox a possibility too?

Seriously, it might not be crazy at all, if it would have a chance of
fitting.  Fiat 2000?  Is that anything like what we used to call the Fiat
124 here in the States, or are you talking about a more recent beasty.

We actually haven't had Fiats imported to the US for *many* years now,
so I have completely lost track of Fiat model numbers.  What is a Fiat
2000 anyway?

Got any dimensional data for it?

Regards,
Erik Berg