(no subject)

To: chapman-era@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (no subject)
From: francis sanchez <francis_sanchez@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:15:59 -0700
Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been around latly to answer mail but I
have been trying to pass my summer class. I'm doing a sociology course on
aging that's making me feel about 20 years older...

Anyway, for the fun stuff...some of you wantedto know what I was asking
for my twincam 1750cc bottem end. Let me remind you once again that it is
compleat in one peice ready to bolt it. Forged pistons, new rods, new
crank, water pump (including front plate, oil pump..the works. All
balanced...and new. $2500 US or best offer. Phone Dave Bean with this
configuration and then add the tax. Also, the pair of 40mm carbs, I'm
asking $550 or best offer for the pair. They are new and much better than
the standard Weber. I have a million other Elan and 907 parts so let me
know if anyone might be interested, Ifso please call soon since tuition
is coming up in a month.

I had an article on an Alfa 5 spd swap to the Elan, it came originaly
from New Zealand and was reprinted a long time ago in our provincial
Lotus club. I talked to a guy with a ZF, he said that after all the
trouble he went to the conversion wasn't worth it even though he loves it
a lot. The transmission was mucho dineros itself and making the plate
wasn't cheap either. It was between 5 and six grand to do it. Caterham
does have a 6 speed. Anyone know about that? I don't think I have the
heart to put a Japanese tranny in a Britmobile.

To make some of the mouthes water around here, at the Vancouver auto
auction last week went an s2 Europa in perfecto condition. Spydered with
the rear double wishbones, perfect body , Spax adjustables, a hot Renault
lump in the back...all went for $7000. Thats about $4800US..? Not bad,
eh?

regards,

Francis