Re: Seven and Elite history, and administrivia

To: Ian Peters <Ian.Peters@camtech.com.au>, lotus.tony@airmail.net
Subject: Re: Seven and Elite history, and administrivia
From: "Erik V. Berg" <erikb@elrond.sp.TRW.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 20:37:15 -0700
Howdy, all.
I wrote:
>> Of course, as you are aware by now, if you have been keeping up with
>> the lotus-cars postings, I erred in describing the Cosworth FVA and FVC
>> as being gear driven.  Tony Clark recently posted a message including a
>> comment to the effect that the FV series engines (unlike the _D_FV
>> series engines) are chain driven.  I have no reason to doubt that he is
>> correct!  In truth, I have never personally seen what a FV widget looks
>> like, *under* the timing cover.

Ian Peters replied:
>I missed it. He's wrong WRT all FVAs. I got the parts to prove it.

Hmmm... yeah, Tony already piped up with the following comment:
>  WRONG!  WRONG!  both FVA & FVC were gear-drive  . . .
> I must have been making the point that they were not BELT drive and
> mistakenly said chain rather than gear.

>Is Tony here?

No he ain't, and it occurs to me that he really oughta be!  Whadaya
say, Tony, do you have any interest in joining our humble little
mailing list?  Give me a holler, if you are.... I'll send you the
necessary info.

>I'm interested if there is some FVA variation
>as I'm building one out of all the parts I can find/fabricate.
>I've been working on this project for 8 years now and whilst
>we are making progress we still have a long way to go.

Yeah, Ian, I should have remembered that you are putting one of
these FVA thingies together, for your Bowin P3.  Please do tell us
more about this, when you get a chance.

Dunno about other FVA variations, myself.  Anyone else?

Regards,
Erik Berg